A recognized expert in Research, Design, Development, and Certification of Military and Commercial Aircraft Avionics, Flight Control/ Flight Management, FADEC Electronic Engine Controls, as well as Electrical Systems Control and Distribution, and Cabin Pressurization Systems. Real Time Operating Systems expertise on 3 generations of Integrated Modular Avionics Systems. Representation on committees which draft International Technical and Certification Standards.
previous work includes:
- Development and certification of Safety Critical Commercial Aircraft Avionics Systems (EASA / FAA PART 25) Levels A & B
- Flight Management Systems: Honeywell Versatile Integrated Avionics Platform (VIA) (MD-10, 717), Honeywell Airplane Information Management System (AIMS) (777), NASA Research FMS (ARIES 757 Synthetic Vision, Distributed Air/Ground Traffic Management (DAG-TM), Air Traffic Management System Development and Integration (ATMSDI), Airspace Concepts Evaluation System (ACES)
- Autopilot: Honeywell Advanced Common Flightdeck (ACF) (MD10, 717) NASA Total Energy Control System (TECS)
- Fly By Wire Flight Controls: B787, B777, Bombardier E-170, Dassault 900EX Easy, NASA Advanced General Aviation Transport Experiments (AGATE), NASA Small Aircraft Transportation System (SATS)
- Full Authority Digital Engine Controllers (FADEC): General Electric F110, Honeywell F-124.
- Electric Power Distribution Systems: A380 Primary and Secondary PDS
- Cabin Pressurization and Control Systems: A380.
Member of Technical Standards Bodies RTCA, and ARINC: Served as Contributing Author of the following Industry Standards, Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet (ARINC 664 AFDX), Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) Development Guidance and Certification Considerations (RTCA DO-297) ,Certification of Software Systems and Equipment (RTCA SC-205 DO-178C) as well as the Object Oriented Technology in Aviation (NASA / FAA OOTiA).
Regularly participates as an invited expert in FAA Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC) meetings, and is a recognized industry expert in the field of Safety Critical Avionics Databus technology (RTCA DO-659 (777 SAFEBUS) ARINC 664 (A380 AFDX), Time Triggered Architecture (SAE AS-2).